Psychology AS/A2 Level at Hope Academy
- The course is split into 4 units over 2 academic years.
- At AS Level you will study PSYA1 and PSYA2, and will develop a broad knowledge and understanding of the core areas in Psychology such as Memory, Attachment, Social Influence, Abnormality, Stress and Research Methods.
- You will be assessed via 2 examinations in June (PSYA1 and PSYA2).
- At A2 level you will focus on a range of topics which bring together explanations from different psychological approaches. You will study Biological Rhythms and Sleep, Aggression and Relationships. Assessment for PSYA3 is via examination in June.
- You will also study PSYA4, were you will focus on Schizophrenia, Anomalistic psychology and Scientific methods. Assessment for this will be via examination in June.
AS Unit 1: Cognitive Psychology, Development Psychology and Research Methods – Examined in May/June in short/structured/essay questions
AS Unit 2: Biological Psychology, Social Psychology and Individual Differences – Examined in May/June in short/structured/essay questions
A2 Unit 3: Topics in Psychology - focus on Biological Rhythms and Sleep, Relationships and Aggression. This will be examined in June in essay style questions
A2 Unit 4: Psychopathology, Psychology in Action and Research Methods – focusing on Schizophrenia, Anomalistic psychology (paranormal) and Scientific Methods which will be examined in June
Candidates should be able to demonstrate knowledge, understanding and skills equivalent to at least Grade C in GCSE Maths, English and Science.
Exam for rach of the 4 units.
- An Honours Degree in Psychology or areas in social science
- Further specialist degrees e.g. Masters Degree in Educational Psychology.
- Careers include: Teaching, Social work, Health service, Business Management, Human Resources, Educational Psychology, Forensic and Criminological Psychology and many more opportunities for Psychology graduates.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hope Academy directly.