Construction BTEC Extended Diploma Level 3 at East Berkshire College
This a full time course designed for those wishing to build on their existing Construction knowledge, either to enter the industry at a higher level or to progress to a Higher Education programme.
There are eighteen units to cover: these include
- Health, Safety and Welfare
- Sustainable Construction
- Construction Technology and Design
- Science and Materials
- Surveying Processes
- Project Management
- Measuring, Tendering and Estimating
- Building Technology
- Environmental Science
- Building Surveying.
- The normal entry requirement is 4 GCSEs at grade C or above.
- The subjects should include: Mathematics, Science, English and one other.
- A good pass in a BTEC First Certificate/Diploma or GNVQ Intermediate in the Built Environment and NVQ3 are also acceptable entry qualifications.
Units are assessed through written assignments, practical scenarios and project work.
- A Foundation Degree which is offered at East Berkshire College or, if the Diploma has been obtained with Merits or Distinction, then progression to university on a full degree course is available.
- Progression into Higher Education or employment within the sector.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Berkshire College directly.