Music Technology Level Three Rockschool Extended Diploma at East Riding College
The full-time music production course is structured and taught by professional music producers. The course is designed to help young producers into the music industry and create quality sounding music.
- Music production techniques
- Sequencing system techniques
- Live sound techniques
- Music and sound for a moving image
- Sound and the music industry
- Audio engineering
- Marketing and promotion
- Level Two Rockschool Diploma in Music Technology or Production at merit grade or four GCSEs at grade A * to C including English, or equivalent qualifications.
- Successful interview demonstrating motivation and commitment to the course
- An initial assessment
You must also possess appropriate music production skills and experience (normally around two years using the latest software trends and techniques). The ability to read music is not essential. Upon interview you must provide a short portfolio outlining current music production work and skills. Applicants will not be accepted without portfolio evidence.
This course is assessed through practical activities and written coursework depending on the subject matter. Coursework and practical assessments are based on realistic workplace situations and live assignments where appropriate.
You might progress to a Degree in Music Production, Music Technology or Sound Design. Many students go on to employment or becoming self-employed in the music industry directly as a result of studying on this course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.