Hair and Beauty Sector Introductory Diploma at Derby College
This introductory course is designed to meet the needs of learners who want to work in the beauty sector. It enables you to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and for career progression.
- Introduction to the hair and beauty sector
- Presenting a professional image within the salon
- Skin care
- Hand care
- Basic make-up application and themed face painting
- Basic manicure and pedicure
- Create a hair and beauty image
- Salon reception duties
- Working with others in the hair and beauty sector
A selection process is required and your offer of a place will be subject to a formal interview and attendance at a taster session in the hair and beauty department. You need a GCSE profile of at least grades E including English Language and a minimum of Entry 3 or Level 1 screening results.
Learners will complete one assignment for each mandatory unit and one assignment for each chosen optional unit, along with practical observations/assessments. Assessment is ongoing throughout the course.
There is a kit and uniform to purchase: full details will be given at your interview.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Derby College directly.