NVQ Levels 2 & 3 in Make-Up *FEES PAYABLE* at The Beauty Academy Ltd
You will be taught by a professional make-up artist who will show you their portfolio of published work and explain how to achieve the latest high fashion photographic looks.
Fashion make-up is an exciting, fast-paced aspect of make-up artistry. Trends change very quickly from season to season. You will receive demonstrations from an experienced make-up artist who will teach you how to adapt your techniques accordingly. You will learn how to provide creative and distinctive looks for catalogues, magazines and high-fashion publications under the guidance and constructive critique of your tutor.
The second part of the course focuses on catwalk make-up. As the make-up needs to be noticed from a distance, the look is dramatic and striking; very different from the high-precision techniques required for fashion/photographic effects. You will learn everything from natural through to dramatic looks to enhance and complement a model's outfit.
During the Creative Make-Up Training Course you will learn:
- Tools of the trade
- Skin analysis, face shapes and skin tones
- Colour theory
- Preparing and priming the skin
- Colour correcting and concealing
- Selection and application of a range of foundations
- Understanding highlighting and contouring
- Creating the flawless finish
- Creating the perfect lip shape
- Understanding different eye shapes
- Application of eyeliners including liquid, crayon and kohl
- Application and blending of eye shadow
- Perfect mascara application techniques
- Bridal and day make-up
- Vintage bridal make-up
- Application of strip and flare lashes
- Smokey eye techniques using nudes/neutrals and dark shades
- Working with pigments
- Brow grooming- shaping and definition to create the perfect brow shape
- Airbrush make-up application
- Red carpet glamour suitable for evening and special occasions
- Iconic make-up looks (1920's-1960's)
- Creating a mood boards
- Make-up for black and white photography
- High fashion make-up for colour photo shoot and Catwalk
- Avant Garde make-up
During the course you will have the opportunity to photograph your work for a portfolio.
Career options following the Creative Make-Up Training Course include department store counter, bridal make-up, television work, film, television commercials, print, music videos, live performances, advertising material and fashion shows.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Beauty Academy Ltd directly.