Childcare and Education (EYE) - Level 3 Diploma (Cache) at Blackpool and The Fylde College
You will complete the certificate in year one and the diploma in year 2 . You will gain the knowledge and experience of children from birth to 7 years.
The units in year 1 will provide learners with in-depth knowledge of key subject areas in:
- Child Development
- Children's health and well being
- Providing safe environments inc Safeguarding for children
- Child health
- Play and learning
- Understanding children's additional needs
- Observation, Assessment and Planning
- Professional practice portfolio 1
8 units graded A*-D along with 1 extended assessment that is externally set in year 1.
Year 2 subjects include:
- Supporting emergent literacy
- Supporting emergent mathematics
- Preparing for school readiness
- International perspectives
- Reflective practice for professional development
- Professional partnerships in early years
- Professional practice portfolio 2
7 units graded A*-D along with 1 extended assessment that is externally set in year 1.
3 days per week in college and 2 days per week on a work placement. You will acquire experience working with babies, toddlers and pre-school-age children
Coursework-based qualification only. No examinations.
Professional Practice in Early Years, Primary Teaching, Teaching and Learning Support
You can also enter careers such as classroom assistant, nursery practitioner, childminder, holiday representative for children abroad
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Blackpool and The Fylde College directly.