Business BTEC Level 3 at Collingwood College
BTEC Business is 100% coursework assessed. To be successful you must be able to complete research, meet deadlines and show a creative flair.
Each of the units will be based on a real-life company which will set you a problem to solve.
- You will be asked by The Hogs Back Brewery to develop a new marketing strategy;
- You will be asked to organise a trip or event for your peers;
- You will have the opportunity to develop your own business plan and present this to the bank manager!
Throughout the course you will have access to all the resources you need including access to the internet in every lesson. You will also be required to take part in a number of trips and off-site visits to local and national businesses. We try to ensure these not only fulfill the requirements of each unit but also are of interest to the students on the course. Over the last year these have included: Thorpe Park, Hogs Back Brewery, Go Ape, Gun Wharf Quays, Isle of Wight and New York.
Examples of units include:
- Exploring Business Activity
- Investigating Business Resources
- Introduction to Marketing
- Effective People, Communication and Information
- Internet Marketing
- Recruitment and Selection
Minimum of 4 GCSEs at Grade A*-C (or equivalent). Grade D in GCSE English is advised and experience shows that your chances of success are greater in this subject if you have a Grade C in English Language.
The course is 100% coursework. All units are equally weighted.
Most students progress on to university courses at degree level. The course also prepares learners for the workplace or starting their own business.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Collingwood College directly.