BTEC ICT Level 3 (Subsidiary Dipolma) at The Bulwell Academy
The Information Technology (IT) sector and aspects of the creative industries, e.g. computer games development, are highly skilled and high growth sectors of the economy. Also, the IT sector is a key enabler for every other industry in the UK. The Sector Skills Council, eskills UK, estimate in the Technology Insights report (2012) that the IT industry contributes 8% of (or £75 billion to) the economy (Gross Value Add).
They forecast that over the subsequent seven years the sector could generate up to an additional £47bn GVA to the economy and create 500,000 new jobs.
This qualification in IT is targeted at learners who would like to gain employment in the IT sector and aspects of the creative industries at the appropriate level.
- Understand the skills required by the sector, including essential employability skills, and apply them in real work contexts.
- Become occupationally ready to take up employment in the IT sector.
- Prepare for further study in Higher Education.
The Subsidiary Diploma course is the equivalent of 1 A Level and over the 2 years you will complete 6 units. There are 2 compulsory units and a further 4 optional units which are chosen in collaboration with the students in order to ensure that they are interesting and relevant.
100% Assignment based.
- Higher Education
- A wide range of options for employment in a variety of IT settings
- Apprenticeships and management training programmes
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Bulwell Academy directly.