AS / A Level - Law at Blackpool Sixth Form College
A Level Law is an exciting subject that will allow you to gain an understanding of the rules and people that govern our lives. Law is also an excellent subject to take in preparation for studying a very wide variety of courses at university.
AS Law Year includes:
- Role of Magistrates and Juries in the criminal system
- Criminal law - Non Fatal Offences (assault, grievous bodily harm)
- Law of Tort (negligence and damages)
A2 Law Year includes:
- Homicide – Murder / Manslaughter
- Loss of Control, Diminished Responsibility, Self Defence
- Relationship between Law, Morality and Justice
At least a C grade in GCSE English.
100% exam in both AS and A2
Law is an academic subject and is an excellent preparation for university. It is particularly useful if thinking of a career in the police, probation, social services, business, banking, insurance as well as journalism. Past students can be found working as barristers and solicitors in the legal profession, in banking and estate agency, teaching and lecturing, the armed forces and the media.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.