Level 2 Veterinary Care Assistant (VCA) Apprenticeship at ProCo NW Ltd
The programme offers young people the opportunity to achieve a City & Guilds qualfication in Veterinary Care whilst gaining on-the-job experience.
Apprentices follow an approved framework of training at level 2 that will meet the different needs of small animal care organisations.
The course is completed as distance learning with a dedicated assessor to assist with all aspects of the course.
The VCA programme is equivalent to a GCSE grade C. To progress onto a Veterinary Nursing Diploma the young person must have a GCSE grade C or an equivalent qualification.
- Principles and practices of animal handling and care in the veterinary environment
- Principles and practices of assisting with care in the veterinary environment
- Principles and practices of administrative duites in the veterinary care environment
- Employment in a veterinary practice
- Work-based observations
- Written assignments
Train as a veterinary nurse.
Potential careers, after completing this apprenticeship, include:
- Veterinary care assistant
- Veterinary receptionist
- Kennels/cattery assistant
- Work-based assessor
A qualified Veterinary Care Assistant earns between £14,000-£22,000 per year.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.