Health And Social Care With ESOL Level 1 Certificate at Milton Keynes College
Do you wish to pursue a career in Health and Social care? Do you also require additional support with your English if it is a second language for you? Then this course is ideal for you. It will provide you with an introduction to the Health and Social Care sector and act as a basis for further education and training and ultimately employment.
- Understand the range of service provision and roles within health and social care, adults and children and young people, early years and childcare
- Understand the principles and values in health and social care, adults and children and young people, early years and childcare
- Awareness of protection and safeguarding in health and social care adults and children and young people,early years and childcare
- Introduction to communication in health and social care, adults and children and young people, early years and childcare
- Introductory awareness of equality and inclusion in health, social care and children’s and young people’s settings
- Introductory awareness of health and safety in health, social care and children’s and young people’s settings
- Introductory awareness of person-centred support in health, social care and children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to the development of children and young people through play
- Introduction to a healthy lifestyle.
In addition you will study Functional Skills qualifications which are designed to provide the necessary levels of English and Maths needed to ‘function’ in today’s society and workplace. They are a key component of all College Programmes. You will complete at least 1 Functional Skill at an appropriate level as part of your programme.
English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Entry Level 3 in Reading & Writing.
Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) clearance together with a satisfactory reference is a requirement for admission to this course.
Applications are also welcomed from mature students.
There is continuous assessment through unit assignments. Functional Skills are assessed by on-line exams and you will be given guidance and support to achieve these.
After successful completion of this course, you could move on to one of the following:
- Level 2 Edexcel Diploma in Health & Social Care.
- Employment in the care sector
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Milton Keynes College directly.