Food Allergen Awareness - CIEH (Chartered Institute of Enviromental Health) Level 2- Short Course at Acacia Training
To examine the impact of food allergy and food intolerance, and to identify, manage and contol the risks associated with food allergens in order to ensure that allergen information is provided with confidence.Who Should Apply:
Anyone who handles food.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to
- Differentiate between food allergy and food intolerance
- Identify the fourteen major allergens
- Identify the products and substances most likely to cause food allergy and intolerance and recognise and describe the causes and symptons
- Describe how to control the risks of cross contamination during preparation and service
- Outline the type of food allergen information that needs to be recorded as a required by the Food Information for Consumers Regulations
- Identify where to find food allergen information and describe how the information can be best conveyed to consumers
- Outline how food allergen awareness can be developed and maintained
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Acacia Training directly.