IT BTEC Level 3 Diploma at Thomas Tallis School
- Data and information surround us and the commercial, social, intellectual and environmental world
- Data is crucial to keep things moving in the world and systems used to collect, store and process this data is what IT is about
AIMS OF THE COURSE
- This course aims to give a broad background into how IT is used and develop the skills needed to be successful in IT
- Skills developed in this course include numerical skills, use of data, presentation, essay and report writing
WHY STUDY THIS COURSE?
- This qualification is designed for learners who are interested in an introduction into the study of creating IT systems to manage and share information alongside other fields of study, with a view to progressing to a wide range of higher education courses, not necessarily in IT
- This course is a vocational pathway to achieving an A Level equivalent qualification
- This course is offered as a National Extended Certificate (equivalent to 1 A Level)
- This course provides a variety of pathways into Higher Education at University or into employment
In Year 12 you will study:
- Creating Systems to Manage Information (CA)
- Using Social Media in Business (C)
In Year 13 you will study:
- Information Technology Systems (E)
- Website Development (C)
- This course is assessed through examination (E), controlled assessment (CA) or coursework for each unit.
- Controlled Assessment is set and marked by the exam board and is complete during a 1 week period in May/June and must be completed at that time
- Coursework can be in the form of reports, essays, presentations or other formats.
- Coursework is delivered through assignments which are set and marked by your teacher(s)
- Examinations are set and marked by the exam board in May/June and must be taken at that time
- There is a wide variety of extra curricular opportunities available whilst studying BTEC Level 3 Business
- The Business Apprentice Residential based in Central London at the end of Year 12 aimed at encouraging teamwork, communication, problem solving and working to tight deadlines
- IT & Business trip to Barcelona or Disneyland Paris
- Visits and guest speakers from industry such as Barclay’s Wealth and Yougov
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Thomas Tallis School directly.