Health and Social Care BTEC Level 1 Certificate at Doncaster College
This course is intended to enable students to explore a range of areas within the health services. It will provide knowledge, understanding and skills required for further education or future employment in the health and care sectors.
The course comprises two elements:
- Level 1 Health and Social Care
- Level 1 Certificate in Personal & Social Development, covering a wide aspect of Health and Social care activities.
- Health and Social Care Needs
- Job Opportunities
- Promoting Healthy Eating in Care
- Learning Experiences for Children and Young People
- Managing your Health at Work
- Working in a Team
- Creative and Leisure Activities for Adults.
Functional Skills in communication and application of number are an integral part of the course.
- Limited GCSEs grades D – G
- Health and Social Care Entry Level
- All applicants must complete an initial assessment in Mathematics and English and attend an interview.
All evidence is completed through practical written work in the form of assignments over the one year programme.
- Health and Social Care Level 2 Diploma
- Apprenticeships in Health and Social Care
- Apprenticeships in Healthcare Support Services
- Higher Education Courses in Health and Social Care
After further study this qualification will provide opportunities in careers including Home or Residential Care , National Health Careers including Nursing, Social Work, Family Support, Youth & Community Work and Probation.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Doncaster College directly.