Beauty Therapy Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship at Basingstoke College of Technology
This course is designed to aid apprentices in becoming outstanding beauty therapists by attending an individualised learning programme, incorporating remote learning and bespoke training programmes. This course is based on 18 month duration. Evidence from previous work (if applicable) may contribute to the qualification.
Course Length: 18 months
Course Location: Workplace plus 1 day a week at college.
Course Fee: If Applicable
Start Date: Flexible
The programme covers a range of Beauty therapy duties and includes the following four components:
1. Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- G22 - Health and safety
- G11 - Contribute to financial effectiveness of the business
- H32 - Contribute to the planning & implementation of promotional activities
- B13- Provide body electrical treatments
- B14 - Provide facial electrical treatments
- B20 - Provide body massage treatments
- B29 - Provide electrical epilation treatments
- B15 - Provide single eyelash extension treatments
- B25 - Provide self tanning services
2. Functional Skills in Maths and English (Level 2)
3. Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
4. Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Use of a computer from home or the workplace is essential.
Successful completion of Level 2 in beauty therapy, nail services or relevant industry experience, plus a level 2 functional skill qualification in English or Maths. Learners must be currently working in a beauty salon. An interview will be required. Registration with the awarding body (City & Guilds) is required and will take place within the first month.
Certification is achieved through continuous assessment of practical, oral, written assessment and online tests throughout the course. A portfolio of evidence will also be produced during the course. Candidates will need to provide own models for practice and assessment.
If you are aged 16-18, tuition and registration fees are free.
If you are aged 19 or over, tuition and registration fees are payable at the start of each year of study; please ask for details.
If you are aged 24 or over, you may be eligible for a Student Loan to assist with your fees; please ask for details.
This course can lead to a Level 4 in Spa Management and Level 4 Beauty Therapy.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Basingstoke College of Technology directly.