Economics (Pre-U) at Somervale School
Economics enables students to:
- Gain a thorough and rigorous understanding of the theory that underpins the workings of a modern day economy
- Develop quantitative skills through the appreciation and use of various statistical methods
- Understand the causes of the current financial crisis or global credit crunch, both on a micro and a macroeconomic scale and develop an appreciation of how this crisis may be resolved
- Have a sound understanding of events, both internal and external that have influenced the UK economy over the past ten years
- Understand the risks, rewards and challenges to the UK and the global economy posed by the vast emerging markets of China and India.
Grade Bs in both GCSE Maths and GCSE English Language.
Students studying Pre-U Economics will have a clear desire to pursue a degree course at University.
Who Might the Course Suit?
Students who will enjoy this course will have a clear interest in the world around them; they will be curious about the causes and effects of the global financial crisis and have an interest in understanding the changes that are afoot within both the UK and global economies.
The course will also suit students who possess strong numerical and written skills which will enable them to carry out detailed research and analysis in the world of economics and global finance.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Somervale School directly.