Health and Social Care BTEC Level 3 at Vision Studio School
These qualiﬁcations develop the knowledge and skills needed when working with adults and children in health and social care environments. Health and care professions constitute a significant portion of the employment mark in this area with opportunities in nursing, midwifery, social care, domiciliary care, youth and child services and biomedicine across both the public and private sectors.
You will study a combination of practical, work-based units and theory subjects. These qualifications will be delivered at Vision Studio School’s main site on Chesterfield Road in Mansfield.
Core and mandatory units include:
- Human Lifespan Development
- Health, Safety and Security in Health and Social Care
- Developing Effective Communication in Health
- Social Care Health and Social Care Values
Optional units include:
- Personal and Professional Development in Health and Social
- Care Promoting Health Education
- Nutrition for Health and Social Care
- Human Body Systems and Care of Disorders
Assessment is carried out via a mixture of external exams and internally assessed coursework assignments.
Progression: Students can either enter directly into employment in the sector or pursue further degree-level qualifications in areas such as nursing, midwifery, physio/occupational therapy, youth work, counselling and social work.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Vision Studio School directly.