Children and Young Peoples Workforce Level 2 Apprenticeship at Lewtay Training Limited
The Pearson Edexcel Level 2 Diploma in Children and Young People's Workforce (QCF) is for learners who want to work with children and young people in England only. It is intended to guide and assess development of knowledge and skills relating to the children and young people's workforce and will provide progression to the early learning and childcare, social care and learning development and support services workforces. The potential job roles are: assistant in children's centre; assistant in day nurseries, nursery schools and nursery classes; assistant playgroup worker; care worker; nursery nurse; registered childminder; registered nanny and youth and community worker.
Is based on the Children's Care, Learning and Development
National Occupational Standards (NOS)
- Has a minimum credit value of 35 credits
- Covers the age range from birth to 19 years
- Requires the learner to spend time in a real work environment
- Is suitable for different types of learners, including those in full-time formal learning, those in part-time formal learning and those in full-time employment
- Unit 1 - Contribute to the Support of Child and Young Person Development
- Unit 2 - Contribute to Children and Young People's Health and Safety
- Unit 3 - Contribute to the Support of Positive Environments for Children and Young People
- Unit 4 - Understand Partnership Working in Services for Children and Young People
- Unit 5 - Introduction to Communication in Health, Social Care or Children's and Young People's Settings
- Unit 6 - Introduction to Personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children's and Young People's Settings
- Unit 7 - Introduction to Equality and Inclusion in Health, Social Care or Children's and Young People's Settings
- Unit 8 - Child and Young Person Development
- Unit 9 - Safeguarding the Welfare of Children and Young People
- Unit 10 - Maintain and Support Relationships with Children and Young People
- Unit 11 - Support Children and Young People's Positive Behaviour
There are also a range of optional units to choose from. These will be chosen by you, with advice and guidance from your tutor, to ensure they suit your workplace and role.
The learner must also complete Functional Skills Mathematics, English and ICT at Level 1 to pass this qualification.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lewtay Training Limited directly.