Foundation Studies & Skills at Runshaw College
Foundation Skills have several courses designed for young people who need extra support adn time to devleop their basic skills to enable them to progress in college.
"I decided to come to Runshaw because the course looked really interesting. We work in small groups and the tutors are friendly. I have also gained volunteering experience. I am going to progress onto a Health and Social Care course next year"
- Caitlen Bibby, current student
Students will study:
City & Guilds Employability and Personal Social Development Qualification which includes portfolio building and practical assessments in a range of vocational subjects.
Designed for students working at Entry Level 3 who need an extra year to develop their study skills. You will study vocational modules to build a City and Guilds portfolio including:
- Health and Social Care/Parenting, Retail - learn about shops and manufacturing
- Public Services - investigate uniformed public services
- Sport - try out a range of sports
- Volunteering - work towards the V10 certificate
- Catering and Food Safety
- Art, Design and Enterprise
- Functional Skills – English, Maths and ICT
Designed for students who need extra support and time to develop their life skills and study skills.
You will study life and work skills to build up a portfolio of evidence which will go towards a City and Guilds qualification.
- Design Technology and Gardening, Media and Photography
- Catering - cooking for yourself and others
- Life Skills and Personal Development
- Art and Design
- Functional Skills – English, maths and ICT
There are no formal qualifications needed to apply for these courses.
What will this course prepare me for?
E3 Progression routes :
- Higher level college course
- Work Skills Course
Basic Skills Progression routes :
- Higher level Foundation Skills Course
Please contact the Schools Liaison team by phone on 01772 643000 or by email email@example.com. Our website also contains up to date further information on all courses that we offer.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.