A Level: Psychology at Beauchamp College
You need to ask yourself the following questions:
• It’s now regarded as a national curriculum science, so do you like science, particularly Biology?
• Are you inquisitive and prepared to do lots of reading?
• Are you happy to consider a variety of explanations and critically evaluate them in a scientific manner, backing up your arguments with research evidence?
• Do you like to express your opinion? Well don’t pick this then! If you can’t back it up with evidence, no one cares. Like we said - it’s a science!
• Are you able to cope with a content heavy course?
• Social Influence
• Research Methods
• Issues and Debates in Psychology
• More Research Methods
• OPTION 1 Relationships, Cognitive Development
• OPTION 2 Schizophrenia, Stress
• OPTION 3 Aggression, Addiction
5 grade 5s (or equivalent), plus at least grade 5 in English Language or Literature.
5 or above in Maths and Double Science.
All external exams are taken at the end of Year 13.
Psychology combines well with almost every other course and the skills required to do it well are transferable to anything. Whatever your planned area of study or work after 6th form, Psychology will be valuable to you. Everything from Medicine to engineering have important psychology components and the idea that it is somehow a soft option died a long time ago.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.