Health And Social Care Level 1 Certificate at Milton Keynes College
Do you enjoy meeting and helping people – often using practical skills? Are you able to communicate with and care for others in a variety of ways? Do you have an interest in making a difference in the lives of children, young people or adults, people with disabilities, the sick or injured or people with problems?
If any of these sound like you, then you might be interested in a career in the health or social care sector and this course will prepare you for a range of jobs or further education courses related to health and social care.
The courses covers a variety of core and optional units chosen from the following:
- Understand the range of service provision and roles within health and social care, adults and children and young people, early years and childcare
- Understand the principles and values in health and social care, adults and children and young people, early years and childcare
- Awareness of protection and safeguarding in health and social care, adults and children and young people early years and childcare
- Introduction to communication in health and social care, adults and children and young people, early years and childcare
- Introductory awareness of equality and inclusion in health, social care and children’s and young people’s settings
- Introductory awareness of health and safety in health, social care and children’s and young people’s settings introductory awareness of person-centred support in health, social care and children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to the development of children and young people through play
- Introduction to a healthy lifestyle.
4 GCSEs one of which must be English language or English at a D grade and Maths at grade E. English GCSE will be re-sat during the year to upgrade to a C for progression and Maths will be undertaken as a level 1 FS. The other 2 GCSE must be at grade E or F.
There is continuous assessment through unit assignments. Functional Skills are assessed by on-line exams and you will be given guidance and support to achieve these.
After successfully completing this course, you can progress onto:
- A Level 2 Edexcel Diploma in Health and Social Care
- An Apprenticeship
- Employment in the care sector.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Milton Keynes College directly.