Level 1 Diploma in Construction Skills (Painting and decorating) at ProCo NW Ltd
This qualification is suited to learners who have no construction experience and would like to develop painting and decorating skills.
Along with the practical work learners will also complete theory work.
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Applying plastering materials to interiors
- Fix dry lining and plasterboards to interiors
- Laying sand and cements screeds
- Applying plastering materials to external backgrounds
- Practical assessments
To support progression and development learners can apply for a bursary which is means tested and dependent on attendance.
After completing the course, learners can progress onto a Level 2 Painting and decorating apprenticeship.
A qualified painter and decorator can earn £21,000-£29,500 per year.
To be a painter and decorator you will need to have:
- good practical skills
- the ability to work quickly and accurately
- maths skills for calculating surface areas and volumes of materials
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.