Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Level 3 at Farnborough College of Technology
This is a one year programme of full time education in College gaining practical hand skills related to aircraft maintenance together with appropriate theoretical knowledge. On successful completion of the year students will have gained both practical (Performing Engineering Operations) and technical qualifications (Subsidiary Diploma in Engineering).
BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Engineering
- Health and Safety in the Engineering Workplace
- Electrical & Electronic Principles
Typical optional units could be chosen from the list below which is not prescriptive
- Mathematics for Technicians
- Aircraft Maintenance Practices
- Theory of Flight
- Human Factors
Performing Engineering Operations
- Working Safely in an Engineering Environment
- Working Efficiently and Effectively in Engineering
- Using and Communicating Technical Information
- Producing Components Using Hand Fitting Techniques
- Installing Aircraft Mechanical Fasteners
- Producing Sheet Metal Components and Assemblies
Five GCSEs grades A*-C to include English Language, Mathematics (higher paper) and Science (BTEC Science not accepted); plus a successful reference and interview.
Upon successful completion you will be supported to apply for Apprenticeships with aircraft maintenance engineering companies or other areas of engineering. Alternatively you could progress to further study at Level 3.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Farnborough College of Technology directly.