Hairdressing Apprenticeship Advanced at Derwentside College
An Advanced Apprenticeship in hairdressing allows you to work in a salon while furthering your skills and knowledge of hairdressing.
- Colour Correction
- Advanced Colouring
- Advanced Cutting
- Health & Safety
- Style & Dress Long Hair
- In-house competition
- Provide hairdressing consultation
- Promote additional services and treatments
- You must attend an interview with the course leader
- Successful completion of Level 2 hairdressing or equivalent
- Must be prepared to study Functional Skills in Maths and/or English at level 2 (additional support workshops are available)
- 100% attendance is expected
- Full dexterity
- Must be willing to give and receive all treatments
- Must be employed in the hairdressing
Practical work is assessed through observation.
Assessment will take place continuously throughout the course.
You are required to complete a portfolio of evidence.
Theory is assessed by online tests. Home study will be required on an ongoing basis to support your college work and revision.
On successful completion of this course, you can consider progression onto the salon management courses.
There are an excellent range of career opportunities available to you as a hairdresser with advanced L3 skills, such as:
- Working for yourself, some hairdressers decide to go freelance/mobile or work from home
- In-store hair salons
- Working in small local salons
- Working in health spas or hotels
- Cruise liners Salon manager
- Product representative/trainer
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Derwentside College directly.