Barbering Level 3 Diploma at Wiltshire College
The Level 3 Diploma in Barbering will give you the practical skills and knowledge required to prepare for work in the Barbering Industry
The course may include visits to hair/barbering exhibitions and shows.
During the course you will build up a portfolio of evidence. You will have to work on clients to complete the qualification. You must ensure you can provide some of your own clients and have family members and friends who are willing to come in to the college for you.
On this course you will study 10 units.
- Monitor and maintain health and safety practices in the salon
- Consultation support for colleagues on hair services
- Cut men's hair to create a variety of looks
- Cut facial hair to create a variety of looks
- Colour hair to create a variety of looks
- Creative hairdressing design skills
- Promote and sell products and services to clients
- Design and create patterns in hair
- Display stock to promote sales in a salon
- Provide scalp massage services
To enrol on this course you must have successfully completed the Level 2 Barbering qualification.. Work experience in the barbering industry is essential for Level 3. To support your application you will be required to carry out a trade test and theory test. Your application will need to be supported by a reference from your tutor and an interview.
You will be assessed working on clients in the Aspire Hair Salons on the campus. You will also have to build a portfolio of evidence. Your theory knowledge will be assessed through online exams and written assignments which will be scheduled throughout the year.
On completion of this course you could progress into employment in a barbers shop or even on cruise ships.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wiltshire College directly.