Manual Handling Instuctor / Assessor (Loads) - 2 day Short Course at Acacia Training
To equip participants to undertake the role of manual handling trainer within their organisation, to monitor work practice identifying potential risks and to carry out 'suitable and sufficient' assessment of manual handling activities related to their workplace responsibilities.Who Should Apply:
Those who have a responsibility to maintain Health & Safety in the workplace, enabling them to minimise the risk of injury and who are taking int the role of Manaual Handling Train the Trainer (Load handling) for their organisation. Annual updates required.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the responsibilities of employer and employee in relation to manual handling legislation.
- Identify the basic anatomy of the spine.
- Explain and demonstrate safe manual handling techniques.
- Understand the appropriate use of handling aids.
- Identify the implications of workplace situations and their management to avoid handling injuries.
- Understand and demonstrate how to risk assess and complete manual handling assessments.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Acacia Training directly.