Business BTEC Level 3 Diploma (Marple Campus) at Cheadle & Marple Sixth Form College
It is a vocational broad based qualification that provides knowledge and understanding of this vocational area. You will examine how the different parts of businesses work and what factors influence their decisions and activities.
Year One: In the first year you, you will study 3 Core Units and 3 Specialist Vocational Units. The Core Units cover Business Activity, Business Resources and Marketing. Year Two: In the second year, you then study to achieve a BTEC Level 3 Diploma equivalent to 2 A levels. This involves 1 Core and 5 Specialist Vocational Units. The Specialist Units cover Starting a Small Business, Ethics, Finance and Business Enterprise. It is also possible to study for a BTEC Extended Diploma which is equivalent to 3 A levels.
This course would be studied over two years and is primarily for students who want to focus their studies in the area of Business. Students study 18 units over the two year course. Students take the course because they are interested in and want to learn more about:
• current business practice and how businesses make decisions
• functions of business organisations such as finance, marketing, operations management etc Most importantly because you enjoy coursework assessment as opposed to exam based assessment.
• At least 5 GCSEs at grade C or above (including English Language or Maths) OR a MERIT at BTEC First (Intermediate) Level plus 1 other GCSE at grade C.
• A willingness to collect, organise and interpret information to produce a portfolio of work.
• The ability to work independently and to meet deadlines.
All assessment is coursework based. Students produce a portfolio of work that is internally and externally assessed.
The coursework is based on using information collected through the research of business organisations.
Students are also expected to undertake work experience.
Anyone at any age can take BTEC Business Level 3 Diploma as long as the appropriate entry-level qualifications are reached. It is particularly suitable for students that have studied vocational courses at school.
BTEC National Business sufficiently prepares you for further study in the subject at higher education or for a career in any area of business.
BTEC Business Level 3 Diploma fits well with a wide range of additional subjects; typical combinations include: Economics, European Studies, IT, Law, Politics, Psychology, Sociology, and Media Studies.
• It is not necessary for you to have studied GCSE Business Studies.
• For further information please contact Anna Handford (Head of Vocational Business)
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.