Business A Level at The Whitehaven Academy
Through this programme you will gain an understanding of business in a range of contexts and:
- develop a critical understanding of organisations and their ability to meet society’s needs and wants
- understand that business behaviour can be studied from a range of perspectives
- generate enterprising and creative approaches to business opportunities, problems and issues
- be aware of the ethical dilemmas and responsibilities faced by organisations and individuals
- acquire a range of relevant business and generic skills, including decision making, problem solving, the challenging of assumptions and critical analysis
- apply numerical skills in a range of business contexts In addition to this, students will take part in a wide range of enterprise activity across the academy. Enterprise education is a key part of The Whitehaven Academy offer and will support every subject, enabling you to develop your skills in teamwork, leadership, communication and creativity.
C grade in maths and English. AGCSE in Business Studies is beneficial but not required
This qualification provides entry into a wide range of progression routes including university and apprenticeships as well as a wide range of careers such as: business management, human resources, marketing, finance and accounting, and project management.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Whitehaven Academy directly.