Care Pathway Level 1 at Carlisle College
This course has been designed to develop the skills you need to work in Health and Social Care and childrens and Young Peoples settings. Vocational units prepare you for employment and develop your subject knowledge. Functional Skills is important as these lessons will help to develop your maths and literacy skills needed for work.
- understanding physical development from birth to adolescence
- Using craft activities with children
- Equality and diversity
- Customer service skills
- Personal career preparation
- Preparing for interviews
- Business communication
- Exploring Health & Social Care, Approaches to Holistic Care, Human Growth & Development
- What makes us tick?
- Learning through play, Exploring toys, Painting and Creative Crafts
- Caring for Young Children, Virtual Babies make an apperance
You will need 2 GCSE's grade E-G including Maths and English.
The course is assessed via assignments. You need to achieve passes for each assignment to pass your vocational course. Functional skills are assessed by class tasks and an exam.
Level 2 Pathway to Care
NVQ Level 2 - via apprenticeship scheme or through employment
Employment in a variety of work settings.
The course has a compulsory placement element and this will take place in the third term in either a care home or a children's and young people's setting.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Carlisle College directly.