Floristry Level 3 Diploma at Bicton College
This course is aimed at those who have gained a floristry qualification or industry experience and wish to broaden and extend their creative skills and techniques and business acumen to a greater level to become a senior florist.
You will study the following 9 units:
- Creative design process – an art based unit
- Diverse flower and plant care
- Plan, assemble and evaluate diverse tied floristry designs
- Plan, assemble and evaluate diverse floral designs for weddings
- Plan, assemble and evaluate floral designs
- Plan, assemble and evaluate funeral designs
- Working in the industry – 80 hours of work experience within the industry must be undertaken to complete this unit
- Negotiate and agree terms and conditions for sale of floristry products and services
- Function and event decorating
A portfolio will be built as evidence for all units. Most of these units have a range of practical pieces; four of these designs will be undertaken as an assessment under timed conditions along with a drawing task. Other units may comprise of written assignment work.
You will also work towards nationally recognised functional qualifications in English, Maths and ICT.
It is essential that your Initial Assessment results show that you are working at Level 2. You will need to have achieved 4 GCSEs at grades A-C including English, Maths and Science or equivalent. You will also need to have completed the Level 2 Diploma in Floristry or proof of experience of all aspects of the trade gained through working in the industry.
On successfully completing this course you can follow onto the Level 4 floristry programme or gain employment in the industry, working as a senior florist in a floristry shop and oversee the running of the shop. Some students may go on to set up their own business or become freelance working for themselves or other florists/hotels. This qualification is also recognised abroad.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bicton College directly.