Professional Cookery Apprenticeship Intermediate at East Berkshire College
All Apprenticeships consist of a Framework of different elements. They must include qualifications that, when achieved, prove the Apprentices competence in carrying out work of the Level and type identified in the Framework.
Also included must be qualifications which demonstrate the technical knowledge of the job and industry, plus more wide ranging general skills required to operate successfully in the trade; these will include Maths, English and, if appropriate, ICT and Employer
Rights and Responsibilities.
The different elements can be combined in one qualification, or be covered in separate qualifications, but all elements must be achieved to obtain a full Apprentice Certificate.
The NVQ competence units are supported by key areas in the knowledge qualification which include
- Safe, hygienic and secure working environments in hospitality
- effective teamwork
- principles of maintaining, handling and cleaning knives
- food safety in catering
- In contracted employment and have been for at least three months
- Hold GCSEs or equivalent qualifications in English and Maths
- Display a positive attitude and passion for improving the customer service in your job role
You will be assessed within the college as well in the workplace to ensure all the competencies are met.
Regular review meetings will take place with your assessor and employer to support the achievement of the qualification.
- Level 2 or 3 Certificate or Diploma in Professional Food and Beverage Service
- Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery
- Level 2 or 3 Certificate/Diploma in Professional Patisserie and Confectionery
- Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Hospitality and Catering Professional Cookery pathway
- Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Hospitality and Catering - Hospitality Supervision and Leadership pathway
Catering Supervisor, Chef De Partie or Sous Chef.
Eventual career paths could lead to Head Chef, Head Cook, Food and Beverage Manager, Kitchen Manager or Regional Manager.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Berkshire College directly.