Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Childcare at Woodspeen Training
This Apprenticeship provides the skills and knowledge required required to work across the childrens and young peoples workforce. You will complete a wide range of childcare duties and will gain a professional qualification. This qualification also enables you to be counted in the childcare staffing ratio which is identified in the statutory framework for the early years foundation stage. You will develop a broad understanding of the children and young peoples workforce sector and an introduction to the practical skills and knowledge requried to be an effective practitioner.
- Introduction to communication in health, social care or children's and young people's settings.
- Introduction to personal development in health, social care or childrens and young peoples settings.
- Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or childrens and young peoples settings.
- Child and young person development.
- Contribute to the support if child and young person development.
- Safeguarding the welfare of chldren and young people.
- Contribute to childrens and young peoples health and safety.
- Support childrens and young peoples positive behaviour.
- Contribute to the support of positive environments for children and young people.
- Understand partnership working in services for children and young people.
- Maintain and support relationships with children and young people.
- Paediatric emergency first aid.
Examples of optional units:
- Managing paediatric illness and injury.
- Support to children and young peoples play and leisure.
- Support to children and young people at meal and snack times.
- Contribute to the support of creative development.
- Support children and young peoples health and safety.
You will need to have GCSE Math and English at Grade A - C or equivalent. Also you will have a genuine interest in working with children.
Follow on course:
Children and Young Peoples Workforce Level 3 Diploma.
Methods of recording study:
E-Portfolio and paper based portfolio options are available.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.