Contemporary Hospitality - Level 2 Diploma (Full-Time) at Newcastle College
A broad based vocational course for those wishing to progress to a career in the Hospitality and Catering Industry with particular emphasis on front of house operations. The course offers both academic and practical units to prepare you for employment. You will also attend an Industry Placement one day a week
You will study a variety of units including the following:
- Investigate the Catering and Hospitality Industry
- Food safety in Catering
- Health and Safety in Catering and Hospitality
- Legislation in food and beverage service
- Menu knowledge and design
- Applying workplace skills
- Principles of beverage product knowledge
- Service of Hot beverage
- Food and beverage service skills
- Handling payments and maintaining the payment point
- Principles of Customer Service
You will need to have one of the following:
- 4 GCSEs at grade D or above including English Language or Maths
- If English is not your first language we would expect an IELTS score of at least 5.5 in all areas of assessment.
- A level 1 VRQ Diploma or NVQ Level 1 in Food Preparation and Cooking
- No holidays booked during term time
There are various assessment methods for each unit, ranging from written assignments and reports, individual presentations, online exams and practical activities.
L3 Subsidiary Diploma in Hospitality.
Employment within most areas of the Hospitality Industry to include areas such as roles in either food production or food service areas and front of house operations within the Hospitality Industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Newcastle College directly.