Humanitites at Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School
* Unit 1 – Conservation methods; conservation in the UK, coral reefs, Antarctica and tropical rainforests; ecological relationships between organisms and their abiotic and biotic environment.
* Unit 2 - Atmospheric gases, water and mineral nutrients; human exploitation and management of physical resources to provide higher material living standards; unsustainable natural resources.
* Unit 3 – Future problems of energy supply and how these may be resolved; properties of pollutants and how they cause environmental damage; managing the damage caused by pollutants.
* Unit 4 - The demands humans place upon the planet’s resources and life-support systems; food production and forestry systems; sustainability of human lifestyles.
* An interest in wildlife and the environment and how it is managed.
* Strong GCSE passes in science as there is practical work and a strong link with biology; geography; chemistry and physics.
* A willingness to take part in discussion work and a readiness to share your opinion.
* Reasonably good at English so that you can express your ideas clearly in writing.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School directly.