Public Services Level 3 Vocational at Worcester Sixth Form College
- Guest speakers
- Practical activities
- Aztec Water Park and Go Ape
- Expeditions to the Forest of Dean
- West Mercia Police Headquarters at Hindlip to help the police train
- Gloucester Police Riot Training
- RAF Brize Norton
- County Council Planning Department
If a student does not have either GCSE Maths and/or English Language this must form part of their programme. Where a student has a high average GCSE score but needs to take both GCSE Maths and GCSE English Language then they will do this in combination with 2 or 3 AS levels or BTEC Certificates, or a BTEC 90-credit Diploma.
If you achieved grade D or lower for GCSE Maths and/or English these will be added to your programme of study.
High level of basic fitness. Willingness to participate in outdoor pursuits. Ability to meet deadlines. Basic IT skills
Essential trips: Malvern Hills walk, Forest of Dean 2 day camp and walk, Forest of Dean Mountain Bike Ride, Go ape Wyre Forest, communications exercise Police HQ and 1 day water sports at Aztec Water park. Other trips which are optional: Meet the Marines, Midlands Soldier, RAF Brize Norton and Police Riot Training. Student costs: L2 First Award £30, L3 Certificate £30, L3 90 credit £90, L3 Extended Diploma £90
While many students progress to a career within the public service of their choice, Level 3 Public Services also provides a recognised progression route to university.
Resources and Facilities
- Gym and Sports Centre
- Course textbook, interactive ICT resources, VLE (virtual Learning Envronment) and DVDs
- An extensive range of materials available in the Learning Resources Centre and in course base room.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Worcester Sixth Form College directly.