Art & Design Level 3 UAL Diploma at Havering College of Further and Higher Education
You will develop your practical skills across various artistic areas and experiment with different styles and techniques. Throughout the course you are free to alternate between these styles as you look to find the best way to communicate your vision and meet the needs of the briefs. The course concludes with a final project that represents your growth as an artist.
You will cover the following units of study:
- Introduction to Visual Language in Art & Design
- Introduction to Research Skills in Art & Design
- Introduction to Critical and Contextual Awareness in Art & Design
- Introduction to Materials, Processes and Technical Skills in Art & Design
- An Integrated Approach to 2D Problem Solving in Art & Design
- An Integrated Approach to 3D Problem Solving in Art & Design
- An Integrated Approach to Time-based Problem Solving in Art & Design
- Developing an Art & Design Project
- Opportunities for Progression in Art & Design
If you have not yet achieved a grade C (or above) in GCSE English and maths, you will be required to attend GCSE resit sessions (if you achieved grade D) or functional skills sessions (if you achieved grade E or below).
- 4 GCSEs (grade C or above) or a Level 2 Diploma in Art & Design (merit)
- A portfolio of work
You will be assessed via written and practical assignments.
You could progress onto the second year of our Level 3 Extended Diploma in Art & Design.
Employment opportunities could involve work as a designer, photographer, artist etc.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Havering College of Further and Higher Education directly.