Art & Design: Photography AS/A2 Level at St Philip Howard Catholic High School
The course is suited to students who prefer a practical and creative approach to studying Photography. It will also interest anyone who:
• May wish to pursue a career in Photography
• Would like to continue studying this subject at University.
• Would prefer to be assessed by continuous coursework (60%) alongside a final exam (40%).
• May wish to specialise in certain areas of practical photography
This AS and Advanced GCE specification requires students to develop practical and theoretical knowledge and understanding of:
• relevant materials, processes, technologies and resources
• how ideas, feelings and meanings can be conveyed and interpreted in images and artefacts
• ways in which photographs can be developed beyond the pure image using practical hand-on techniques as well as digital forms
• a working visual/written vocabulary and specialist terminology
The Photography course is tailored to encourage, enhance and challenge creativity, enabling students to achieve their potential. Students will be expected to analyze the work of other photographers, develop their ideas in response to them and explore a wide range of Art based and digital manipulation and presentation techniques when developing ideas or creating a final piece.
B grade at GCSE in Art, Textiles or Graphics.
60% coursework and 40% exam and exam sketchbook.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Philip Howard Catholic High School directly.