Barbering Apprenticeship Level 3 at Lowestoft College
This course covers the advanced barbering techniques to help provide further career progression or Higher Education. There are five mandatory units with optional units which are selected with the course tutor and employer to suit business needs. Mandatory units:
- Monitor procedure to safely control work operations
- Provide hairdressing consultation services
- Promote additional services and products
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of barbering techniques
- Design and create a range of facial hair shapes
- Provide shaving services
- Design and create patterns in hair
- Develop and enhance creative skills
- Colour hair using a variety of techniques
- Create a variety of permed looks
- Contribute to financial effectiveness of the business
You will need to be working in a barbers or have a barbering salon willing to employ you as an apprentice.
Alternatively you can complete a college apprenticeship application form which we will pass on to any employers who contact us seeking an apprentice.
Assessment will be an on-going process through a range of methods:
- Practical demonstration
- Oral questioning
- Assignment/project work
- Online assessment
As a trainee barber you will be required to carry out barbering services in a work environment.
You will also be required to promote all salon services and to bring in models/clients for assessment. Clients may be charged a nominal amount for salon treatments depending on salon policy.
Practical assessments will take place either in your place of work or in the College salon depending on the availability of an assessor in the workplace.
On successful completion of the Level 3 course you can progress on to salon management qualifications, advanced CPD courses or the assessor award.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lowestoft College directly.