Health and Social Care BTEC Level 3 90-credit Diploma at Bromley College of Further & Higher Education
Want to be a nurse, teacher, social worker, occupational therapist or study for a degree in psychology, social sciences, childhood studies or health studies then this is the course for you.
This one year stand alone Level 3 course opens many diverse pathways.
This vocational course uses theory with practice. Time will be spent in college learning knowledge then putting this theory into practise in placement.
Units studied include:
- Developing effective communication
- Equality and diversity
- Health, safety and security
- Development through the life stages
- Anatomy and Phycology
- Personal and professional development
- Coping with charge
- Dental care
- We have skilled placement officers who work with you to find two placements. Opportunities which could be in:
- Care homes
- Nursing homes
- Youth clubs
- Primary schools
- Nursery settings
- Rehabilitation centres
- Settings working with adults/children with a range of disabilities
To enhance your experience we have a dedicated skills room and work closely with King’s university hospital.
One of the following combinations is required to enter this course:
- 5 GCSE’s A*-C including English language and Mathematics
- BTEC Level 2 Diploma at an overall distinction plus – GCSE at grade A*-C
- BTEC Level 2 Diploma at an overall Distinction plus – L2 equivalent qualification in English and mathematics plus
- Satisfactory reference
- Set text back
- College Health and Social Care T-shirt to be worn on placement
Course work units are assessed by the completion of essays presentations, projects and reports.
The majority of students progress to the Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care.
They achieve the entry requirement of \merit, satisfactory completion of placement hours and attendance at or above the college requirement.
Students who do not progress on to a second year of study go into related employment or an apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bromley College of Further & Higher Education directly.