Retail Level 3 Apprenticeship at Kendal College
These qualifications will allow candidates to apply knowledge, understanding and skills to a national occupation level required by employers, thus proving competency in their job role. There are 3 pathways: Sales Professional, Visual Merchandising and Management depending on your role in the business.
These qualifications give learners the opportunity to:
- develop and demonstrate competence in the job roles such as retail merchandiser, retail buyer, retail manager, online retailer, sales manager, customer services manager, stock management
- develop and demonstrate a range of skills and behaviours that supports competency in the job roles stated above, such as communication skills, undertaking competitor analysis, brand management and managing conflict
- develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning through the development of personal, learning and thinking skills (PLTS)
- have existing skills recognised
- achieve a nationally-recognised Level 3 qualification
You will broaden the depth and breadth of of your learning and cover concepts of:
- customer service
- selling processes
- team effectiveness
- security and loss prevention and managing stock
- visual merchandising from planning to dismantling Visual Merchandising displays - sourcing and ordering stock
- managing stock -
- ideas for continuous improvements.
Learners can progress to a range of other management qualifications at level 4 and above.
These qualifications are for all learners aged 16 and above who are capable
of reaching the required standards. They should be working at a supervisory level in a retail environment.
Looking for Employment? See below for what to do next…
- Email email@example.com for more information.
- Register your details with the National Apprenticeship Matching Service (NAS) and search online for vacancies at www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship
- Check the College’s website page regularly (sometimes employers only want to recruit locally and so they advertise on our website and not the NAS website): www.kendal.ac.uk/apprenticeships/apprentice/
- Make sure your CV is up to date and is relevant to the job industry you are applying to.
All takes place within the workplace. Flexible delivery and assessment to meet the needs of the student and employer.
On-the-job training presents an excellent opportunity to develop the learner’s routine expertise, resourcefulness and business-like attitude.
Using an holistic approach to assessment we can match evidence to different assessment criteria, learning outcomes and units as appropriate, thereby reducing the assessment burden on learners and assessors.
Discussing and agreeing with learners and employers suitable times, dates and work areas where assessment will take place. Learners and employers will be given regular and relevant feedback on performance and progress.
To achieve a pass for the full qualifications, the learner must achieve all the units required in the stated qualification structures
As part of the apprenticeship framework, reviews are completed every 12 weeks by the assessor where progress is discussed by the apprentice, assessor and employer.
This course will further develop your career as a:
- Retail assistant
- Retail buyer
- Retail manager
- Retail merchandiser
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Kendal College directly.