BTEC Level 2 in Public Services at The Astley Cooper School
This work-related qualification potentially prepares leavers for employment in the public services sector. The course is most suitable for those who wish to enter one of the following areas:
- Armed Services
- Police Force
- Emergency Fire Service
- Security or Prison Services
During this course you will have the opportunity to:
- Find out about the different public services and how they work together.
- Discover the levels of fitness required for each of the services and how to improve your health and fitness for entry.
- Take part in work related learning programmes with one or more of the services.
The aim of the course is to:
- Give full-time students the opportunity to enter employment in the Public Services sector or to progress to other vocational qualifications such as BTEC Level 3 Nationals in Public Services.
- Give students the opportunity to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
You can either seek employment in the Public Services sector or study further other vocational qualifications such as BTEC Level 3 Nationals in Public Services.
This is an ideal course to be combined with BTEC Level 3 Sport.
This course could lead to you join one of the following services:
Armed Services, Police Force, Emergency Fire Service and Security or Prison Services.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Astley Cooper School directly.