Information and Creative Technology Level 2 Diploma at Redbridge College
Would you like to work in the IT or computing industries? This practical, intermediate level course will provide the underpinning knowledge, understanding and skills you need to land your first job in IT or progress to further study.
The BTEC - Level 2 First Diploma in Information & Creative Technology is a qualification that consists of 4 core unit, 2 of which are externally assessed, 2 mandatory units plus optional specialist units that combine to create your qualification, these consist of: Core Units:
- The Online World
- Technology Systems
- A Digital Portfolio
- Computing in the Workplace
- Multimedia Products Development
- Computational Thinking
Specialist Units: (subject to change)
- Mobile Application Development
- Database Development
- Creating Digital Graphics
- Spreadsheet Development
- Computer Networks
- Building a Personal Computer
English & maths:
- 16-18: You will also study English and maths to support your main course until you achieve L2
- 19+: You may study either English or maths if appropriate.
You will need to have three GCSEs at Grade D or above including English and maths, or equivalent qualifications.
You will be taught by our highly skilled team of staff who will pass on their years of industry knowledge and experience to you. You will be assessed by a mixture of assignments, online assessments, portfolio work, observations and practical assessments.
On successful completion of this study programme; you will have the opportunity to progress onto the next level in Computing & IT or another subject area in the college. Alternatively, employment options open to you could include:
- Technical Support Assistant - £12k - £17k per year
- Web Designer Assistant- £14k - £20k per year
- Data Entry Technician - £12k - £18k per year
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Redbridge College directly.