Event Management and Supervision Level 3 VRQ Diploma at Redbridge College
This course will give you the opportunity to develop skills in food and beverage service at supervisory level. It will include being part of a team which runs Rouge Restaurant for lunch five days a week and provides breakfast meeting for local businesses at least once a week. You will also be working in the restaurant on Thursday evenings when a variety of themes are on offer, and will be involved in organising an evening themed event.
The course will also provide a work placement opportunity in one of London’s higher quality establishments. You will be involved in a range of hospitality events both within the college and externally. You will also learn the theoretical aspects of legislation, managing a team and organising events.
- Principles of supervising food and beverage supervices
- The principles of food safety supervision for catering
- Principles of promoting food and beverage services and products
- Principles of supervising customer service performance in hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism
- Supervise food and beverage service
- Legislation in food and beverage service
Optional Units may include
- Prepare and service wines
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and cold non-alcoholic beverages
- Supervise hospitality events
- Prepare and serve cocktails
- Barista skills
You will need to have achieved five GCSEs at Grade C or above (including maths and/or English, or equivalent), or a Level 2 Food and Beverage qualification. Alternatively, you may have industry experience at hotel and restaurant level.
You'll be taught by our highly skilled team of Hospitality and Catering staff in the college’s own Rouge Restaurant. Assessment will be a combination of practical and written assignments.
On successful completion of this course you will able to enter employment supervising teams in the hospitality and catering industry. Alternatively, you will be able to further enhance your skills and knowledge by progressing onto higher education to study Hospitality Management.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Redbridge College directly.