Work-based Horticulture Intermediate Apprenticeship at Derby College
You will be provided with a foundation in a broad range of skills required to work competently within the horticulture industry. Practical skills will be mostly practised and developed in the workplace while theoretical background knowledge will be taught and reviewed mainly at College.
The apprenticeship includes:
- The Level 2 Diploma in Work-based Horticulture
- Independent assessment of a knowledge-based element for each pathway
- Functional Skills: Application of Number and Communication Level 1
- Additional employer requirements: Emergency First Aid and one other legislative or nationally recognised occupational qualification relevant to the industry
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
You must be in employment and committed to a career in the horticulture industry. You will undergo an initial assessment before starting the programme to ensure that you are capable of achieving the outcomes and have an interest in this area of work.
Training is largely work-based with ongoing practical assessments undertaken in your workplace. You will keep a portfolio of evidence of your practical ability and theoretical understanding.
You can consider taking your qualifications to the next level with an advanced apprenticeship, the Diploma in Work-based Horticulture Level 3 or the City & Guilds Level 3 Extended Diploma in Horticulture. You can also progress within your career in the horticulture industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Derby College directly.