Hair and Media Make-up Introductory Level 1 at Bedford College
The course is designed to cover the foundation skills for your career in Hair and Beauty Industry. You will be based at Brooks Hair and Beauty department in the High Street, along with session at the College’s main site. During this new programme you will learn basic Hairdressing and Beauty skills to start your career in Media Make-Up. This course is designed to enable you to progress onto the City and Guilds VRQ Level 2 Diploma in Media Make-Up Fashion and Photography.
This course will include:
- Practical sessions
- Theory sessions
- Functional Skills and or GCSE lessons
- Tutorial and 121 sessions
- Work placement with local employers
The course will be set over 4 days a week.
The course will involve both practical and theory sessions, below is a list of units that may be included:
- Unit 101- Introduction of the Hair & Beauty Sector
- Unit 102 - Presenting a Professional image
- Unit 113 - Following Health & Safety in the Salon
- Unit 115 - Working with Others
- Unit 112 - Create a Hair & Beauty Image
- Unit 217 - The Art of Dressing Hair
- Unit 111 - Colouring Hair Using a Temporary Colour
- Unit 106 - Applying Basic Make-Up
- Unit 005 - Creating an Image Using Colour
- Unit 003 - Shampoo and Conditioning
- Unit 107 - Themed Face Painting
- Unit 103 - Styling Women’s Hair
- Unit 105 - Plaiting and Twisting
*The above is subject to change due to optional units.
You will be required to complete a work placement within the Hair & Beauty Industry as a requirement for your Study Programme. The programme will also involve demonstrations of current media make-up trends.
To start this course you will need to have a genuine interest in Media Make-Up and Hair & Beauty industries, with a desire to follow a career in the industry. Some evidence of studying at GCSE level or successful completion of an entry level qualification would be an advantage.
Following your training of practical, you will complete formative and summative assessments. The theory training will involve assignment and tests. You will be required to study at home and complete eLearning activities.
At the end of this programme you will be able to progress onto the following qualifications:
- C&G VRQ Level 2 Media Make-Up
- C&G VRQ Level 2 Beauty Therapy
- C&G VRQ Level 2 Hairdressing
You will be required to purchase a kit and uniform. Costs to be confirmed.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bedford College directly.