Agriculture Apprenticeships at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
An Apprenticeship is a job with an accompanying skills development programme under an Apprenticeship Agreement designed by employers in the sector.
The Foundation Apprenticeship, Apprenticeship and Higher Apprenticeship reflect the job roles within the industries and allows apprentices to take units in crop production, livestock production, mixed farming or poultry production depending on the type of farm they are working on.
The types of jobs available include:
- Foundation Apprenticeship:
- General Farm Worker (Livestock, Crop or Mixed Farm), Tractor Driver, Stock person, Pig Technician and Hatchery Staff
- Apprenticeship: Livestock Technician, Shepherd, Hatchery Supervisor/Charge-hand
- Higher Apprenticeship: Unit Manager and Assistant Farm Manager
A majority of training is provided in the workplace, however the college will require all learner to attend college-based sessions to complete theory tasks and tests.
All apprentices must have an employer who can cover the NVQ criteria. No formal qualifications are required but experience in Agriculture is desirable.
An apprenticeship is assessed as follows
- Completion of a portfolio of evidence
- Work-based observations
- Theory-based tasks and tests
You can progress from:
Foundation Apprenticeship Level 2 to an Apprenticeship Level 3.
This programme is available bilingually at the following campus(es):
Level 2 and 3
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.