Mathematics at The Chase School
* You will be encouraged to develop your mathematical understanding in a way that promotes enjoyment and confidence.
* You will acquire or extend a range of mathematical skills and techniques, employing these to see how Mathematics can be used to make predictions about ‘real-world’ problems.
* The course will include the study of Pure Mathematics, Statistics and Mechanics.
* If you want to study Mathematics in even greater depth, then we offer a very successful Further Mathematics option.
* You will find, when applying for jobs or university places that mathematical skills are highly sought after. The evidence shows that, on average, you have a better chance of a well-paid job with Mathematics A level.
* You won’t have to do coursework.
* The Mathematics classes are taught in sets so that you will be able to work at an appropriate pace for your ability.
To start the AS Mathematics course you will need to have achieved an A grade or above for GCSE Mathematics.
For Further Mathematics you will need to have achieved an A* grade for GCSE Mathematics.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Chase School directly.