Art & Design: Fashion & Clothing at Lodge Park Academy
Fashion is a constantly changing industry. This course allows you to study a range of modules to help
develop practical, creative and theoretical knowledge and skills, which will help you to progress into
employment or Higher Education. During the course you will be asked to respond to live briefs and to
enter fashion design competitions.
Units Year 1
Materials, Techniques & Processes in Fashion & Clothing
creatively with the materials, techniques and processes associated with Fashion & Clothing
- The aim of this unit is to develop learners’ skills and understanding of a range of fabrics and
materials, equipment, and production processes used within the manufacture of fashion
- The aim of this unit is to develop their skills in the manufacturing processes and gain experience
in the use of industrial equipment and techniques to produce sample quality garments.
- The aim of this unit is to develop skills, knowledge and understanding, through exploration, to
the purpose and relevance of a range of traditional and contemporary fashion presentation
media and techniques.
Units Year 2
- Develops learners’ skills in creative work in the fashion industry through the exploration of a
range of materials, construction techniques and garment making technologies.
- Develops learners’ skills in the designing and manufacturing processes associated with
accessory production. Learners will gain experience in the use of equipment and techniques
used to produce accessories.
- The aim of this unit is to develop skills and understanding of the design process and skills in
applying this in the creation of Fashion & Clothing work.
5 GCSE qualifications at C grades or above, including GCSE Design & Technology or GCSE Art & Design.
As a result of our unique and varied curriculum a wide range of progression routes are open to our students:
A blended ‘Higher’ course at Barnfield Skills Academy- enabling the study of a combination of vocational and academic elements up to and including Level 3
BTEC Extended Diploma in Business - Level 3
BTEC Diploma in Enterprise and Entrepreneurship – Level 2 and 3
Up to 12 hours of paid work per week
Business Development/Incubation Opportunities
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lodge Park Academy directly.