Childcare and Education - Level 3 at South Devon College
This advanced apprenticeship in Childcare and Education prepares you to work with children from birth to five years, and also provides you with a knowledge of children aged from five to seven years old. This will include promoting a healthy lifestyle, supporting children who are unwell and improving emotional wellbeing, all of which are developed through a suitable employer and theory lessons at the College. Upon completion of this two year apprenticeship, learners will be able to continue working and progressing within childcare or an early years setting.
What will I learn?
- Supporting healthy lifestyles for children through food and nutrition
- Promoting healthy lifestyles for children through exercise
- Support physical care routines
- Promoting children's emotional wellbeing
- Supporting children who are unwell
- Legislation relating to the safeguarding, protection and welfare of children
- Supporting children's transition to school
- Enabling play environments
- Developing children's emergent literacy and numerical skills
- You will be required to have achieved Maths at Level 1
- You will be required to have achieved English at Level 1
- You will need to have achieved a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, including Maths and English
- You should have a genuine interest in this subject
- You will need to complete a DBS Check
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Devon College directly.