Childcare Level 2 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Would you like a career in childcare? Are you looking to develop practical skills in childcare and parenting? This course allows you to develop the essential skills of caring for children. It is an ideal preparation for a range of careers, in schools, nurseries, healthcare and other environments.
This qualification is for all those who wish to work in the Children and Young People's Workforce in Wales. It will cover a diverse range of job roles and occupational areas working in Early Years settings.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Classroom based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
- Two GCSEs at grade D or above
- Other qualifications and experience will be considered at the tutor's discretion
- You must have good standards of literacy and numeracy
- You should be motivated and enthusiastic about the subject and have the right personal attributes to work with vulnerable young people and children
- During the interview stage, students with additional learning needs should provide details and evidence of their needs
- You will be required to complete a DBS check during the interview phase, costing £44
- You will be required to wear a college t-shirt during work placement. You will have the option of purchasing a sweatshirt in addition. You will be required to purchase one textbook.
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios of work
- Performance and observation
Completion of this course will improve your employability and give you important knowledge and skills. It will prepare you for a career in childcare, usually after further study. You could also go into employment as an Early Years Practitioner.
In education, the course gives you a number of options. You could apply for a Level 3 programme, or one of our work-based courses in childcare or health and social care.
You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
Childcare Level 3, available at:
Health and Social Care Level 3, available at:
- Nursery Worker
- Occupational Therapist
- Social Worker
- Speech & Language Therapist
Programme code: 0105A02B
This programme is available bilingually at the following campus(es):
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.